Frequently Asked Questions!

General Questions

  • Where are your offices?

    Our headquarters are in Denton, Manchester, and from here our team manage a rapidly expanding network of rental properties throughout the Greater Manchester region.  

    Our team of experts have all worked in the Manchester property market for a number of years, and we offer a wealth of experience throughout the Greater Manchester region. 


  • How Much Would You Charge To Sell My Property?

    Recent research from Zoopla confirmed that transparency on fees was the single most important consideration for people when choosing an estate agent. We are always open and transparent with all our fees, and these are disclosed in full on our website and in all marketing communications. 

    Our full service offering costs a flat fee of £1,295.00 plus VAT, which is only payable if we successfully sell your property. Unlike many agents, our flat fee is the same regardless of the size or value of your property. In fact, the higher the value of your property, the more you save! 

  • Do I need to pay anything upfront?

    We believe that our customers should only pay once we’ve sold their property, and that is why we operate a genuine ‘no sale, no fee’ policy. Unlike many other estate agents, you will not pay a penny unless we successfully sell your property.

    The one exception to this is that you may be required to pay for an Energy Performance Certificate (£80.00 including VAT), which is a legal requirement when selling your property.

  • Where Will My Property Be Advertised?

    Over 98% of all property searches are now carried out online, so it’s vital that we maximise the marketing opportunities for your property.

    We’ll advertise your property across all the major property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation. The major property portals benefit from approximately 180 million visits each month, so it’s vital we market your property professionally on them.

  • Are there any additional fees?

    Everything is included in our no sale, no fee package other than the cost of an Energy Performance Certificate (if you need one).

    By law, you must have a valid EPC to sell your home and if you do not have one this can be purchased for £80 inc vat via ourselves.

    All the essential bits including: a professional advert, for sale board, viewings, offer negotiating and sales progression are included in our no sale no fee offering. 

  • How can I be sure you will achieve the best possible price for my home?

    Our local experts have a long history of valuing homes and will advise on the best strategy to achieve you the very best price for your home.

    At Indlu, we ensure we create the very best advert with professional photography and detailed descriptions to attract as many potential buyers as possible.

    We advertise your property on all the major property portals and our local estate agency professionals are highly experienced in negotiating the very best price for your home.

  • I am based outside of the UK, does this make a difference?

    Not at all, in fact we deal with landlords, buyers and sellers every day from as far afield as Hong Kong, Singapore, China, South Africa and throughout Europe on a daily basis. 

    All our team are used to working with investors from outside the UK, and as such being based overseas will not present any problems at all to us working with you. 


  • What is the fully managed service?

    Sit back, relax, Indlu handle everything.

    When you choose Indlu to manage your rental property, you are essentially opting for a ‘hands-free’ approach.

    The Indlu team handle the day-to-day management of the rental, ensure the property meets the ever-changing legislation, and most importantly, collect your rent!

    Any maintenance required is reported directly to Indlu, and we will always obtain your authorisation before carrying out any necessary work.

  • What is the tenant find fee for?

    The tenant find fee covers absolutely everything to find, secure and comprehensively check potentials tenants before raising contracts and moving them in.

    Indlu include: professional photography, featured listings, marketing across all the major property portals and the Indlu website, 7 day per week viewings, comprehensive reference checks, raising contracts, registering the deposit and more!

  • Do I need a Professional Inventory?

    A professional inventory is vital when letting a property to ensure that you can claim for damages caused by the tenant.

    Whilst the tenant pays a deposit before moving in, it is held in a third-party deposit scheme and therefore you have to raise a claim to hold back funds for damage caused. If you do not have a professional inventory, it will be near impossible to claim.

    Indlu refer to the inventory at the mid-term inspections and at tenancy check out to ensure no damage has occurred to your property, and if it has, we can assist you with your claim.

  • Rental guarantee insurance

    This is an excellent way of protecting your investment. Rental guarantee insurance covers you for the non-payment of rent until such a time you are able to evict the tenant.

    You can read full details and costings here.

  • Do I need a gas safety certificate?

    It is a legal requirement to have an up-to-date gas safety certificate. This requires renewing annually.

    Indlu will send you a reminder and arrange for a certified gas engineer to visit the property at a convenient time for the tenant.

  • What is an EPC?

    An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a legal requirement for your rental property and must have an ‘E’ rating or better to meet current legislation. An EPC lasts 10 years.

    Indlu can arrange an EPC for £80 plus vat.

  • Do you obtain references for tenants?

    Indlu carry out comprehensive reference checks on all potential tenants and guarantors. We share our findings with you, the landlord, so that you can make an informed decision of whether to proceed with the application.

  • Who holds the tenant’s deposit?

    The tenant will pay 5 week’s rent as a deposit before moving in to your property. This is held in a third-party scheme so to protect both you as a landlord and the tenant.

    If the tenant causes damage to the property, there is a claims process to receive relevant funds from the deposit – make sure you have a professional inventory!

  • Do you inspect my property during the tenancy?

    Yes, we carry out two inspections during the tenancy if a 12 month term, and one inspection if a 6 month term. We revert to the inventory list to ensure everything is the same as when the tenant moved in.

    We also carry out a tenant check out inspection. This is all included in the monthly management fee.

  • What happens if the property requires maintenance?

    Indlu have a great relationship with many contractors and will obtain quotes for any remedial works on your behalf. We work hard to ensure the cost is kept to a minimum for you and unlike some agents, we do not charge extra on top of the contractor’s fee.

    Of course, you can also let us know the contact details of any preferred contractors you know.

Get Your Property Sorted with Indlu


The Forum,

Tameside Business Park,

Denton, Manchester

M34 3QS

Call Us: 0161 537 2727

Open 7 Days: 8am till 8pm