Does my rental property need a gas safety certificate?

Does my rental property need a gas safety certificate?

In short, yes.

It is a legal requirement to have an up to date gas safety certificate where a property is rented out. The certification must be carried out by a suitably qualified gas safety engineer once a year, and any defects must be rectified.

As a landlord, it is your responsibility to ensure that the property is up to date and properly certified where required.

Indlu Estate Agents will arrange and ensure the gas safety certificate is in place and renewed annually for all properties under their fully managed service. Indlu will send you a reminder and arrange for a certified gas engineer to visit the property at a convenient time for the tenant.

If you have any questions regarding the legislation, do not hesitate to contact Indlu Estate Agents in Manchester.

Asking yourself ‘How much rent should I charge?’ Indlu have a free online valuation tool that will provide you with a great starting point!

Get Your Property Sorted with Indlu


The Forum,

Tameside Business Park,

Denton, Manchester

M34 3QS

Call Us: 0161 537 2727

Open 7 Days: 8am till 8pm